General Office Information
Courtroom Etiquette
DCF Call Center
Family Law Forms
Federal IV-D Program
How to Make Payments
 & Automated Phone Line

Income Withholding
Interstate Action
Job Leads
License Suspension
Modification of Child Support
Order to Appear
Other Enforcement Remedies


Copyright 1998-2013
18th Judicial District

Court Trustee Page - FAQs

How do I obtain a child support lien release so that I can sell or purchase real estate?
If your case is a Court Trustee case, contact the Court Trustee’s Office by phone. Please do this at least 1 week before the date of closing the real estate transaction. You will usually be required to pay all past due child support before we will prepare the lien release.

How do I report a change of address?
An obligee (person receiving payments) must report the change in writing, by mail or fax. Simply send a note to our office. Your signature, the case number, the names of the payor and payee and an effective date are required. The oblige is also required to notify KPC of the address change. The obligor (person making the payments) may report the change in writing or by phone.

How do I transfer an income withholding order to a new employer?
An obligee or obligor should report the change of employment to the Court Trustee’s Office in writing, by mail or fax. Your signature, the case number, an effective date and the name and address of the new employer are required. If the case is a Court Trustee case, the Court Trustee’s Office will send a notice of withholding to the new employer within 2 working days.

How long does my child support obligation continue?
If the support order was entered in Kansas, child support continues until the child’s 18th birthday if the child is no longer in school (unless the parties have agreed otherwise and the agreement has been approved by the court). If the child is still in high school, child support continues until June 30 of the school year in which the child reaches age 18. A school year in Kansas runs from July 1st to June 30th. If a support order is entered in another state, the other state’s age of majority may govern.

Where can I get a copy of my payment record?
Payment records may be viewed online at